1. That “Objects may be closer than they appear” has got nothing on “Just because you can’t see the object doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, thus you are most likely going to hit it”.
2. That Murphy’s Law states that three weeks after spending $600 on four brand spanking new tires, you will back into a retaining wall and tear a hole in one causing an immediate flat…
...while in an incline position on a steep hill...
…where your dinky little jack will prove insufficient to hold up your front end…
…thus you will probably end up going door to door looking for a jack…
…while the entire guest list of the Sweet 16 Birthday Party you just dropped your little sister off it looks on in horror...
… and your 16 year old sister is so embarrassed she pretends she doesn’t know you.
3. That the front bumper of a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee is surprisingly resilient, and can withstand the force of being ripped off halfway when you reverse into a retaining wall you didn't know existed.
4. That by jumping up and down while applying forward pressure, you can snap said bumper back into place like a giant lego piece.
5. That jumping up and down on the front bumper while your boyfriend is trying to change your blown tire will cause him to yell at you.
6. That's it's probably best NOT to apply any weight to said bumper once it's back in place, although the theory has not been proven yet.
Things I Learned Today:
1. That Tire Insurance costs $3.00 per tire at the time of purchase.
2. That one tire costs $140.00.
3. That I probably should have bought the Tire Insurance at the time of purchase.
4. That sometimes having boobs does NOT entitle you to a discount at an Auto Body Shop.
5. That the salesmen at National Tire & Battery have no heart.
6. That the NTB Salesman would "give me a good price" on the "front brakes I desperately need."
7. That I would rather take the chance of smashing into a brick wall doing 80mph than give National Tire & Battery any more of my money this week.
The Most Unusual Pet You Will See Today
12 minutes ago